A selection of new science articles of interest to the SPARC community from the past week (A SPARC Office choice).
An Objective Analysis of the QBO in ERA-Interim and the Community Atmosphere Model, Version 5. By A. Solomon et al. in Geophysical Research Letters.
The relevance of the location of blocking highs for stratospheric variability in a changing climate. By B. Ayarzagüena et al. in the Journal of Climate.
Can inertia-gravity waves persistently alter the tropopause inversion layer? By D. Kunkel et al. in Geophysical Research letters.
Signatures of Naturally Induced Variability in the Atmosphere using Multiple Reanalysis Datasets. By D.M. Mitchell et al. in the Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society.
2nd Symposium of the Committee on Space Research (COSPAR):
Water and Life in the Universe
9 – 13 November 2015
Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
COSPAR Secretariat, 2 place Maurice Quentin, 75039 Paris Cedex 01, France
Tel: +33 1 44 76 75 10
Fax: +33 1 44 76 74 37
Scientific Program Chair:
Dr. Othon Winter, UNESP – São Paulo State University
31 May 2015
- Space astronomy missions to detect ingredients for life and exoplanets in the universe: status of current and future approved missions and new proposals
- Water and life in the universe and on Earth: impact on human consciousness and societies- Satellite and probe missions for water remote sensing on Earth, planets, and other celestial bodies
- Water and Life in the Solar System- Water from chemical, biological, and physical perspectives
- Role of water from the ground to the upper atmosphere
- Astrobiology: habitability, synthesis of organics in ice, and prebiotic chemistry in liquid water
- Water, organics and life support for human exploration in low Earth orbit, the Moon and beyond
- Interdisciplinary lectures, keynote talks, public lectures
Selected papers published in Advances in Space Research and Life Sciences in Space Research, fully refereed journals with no deadlines open to all submissions in relevant fields.
Deadline for abstracts: 10 Nov 2014
Status and Relevance for Numerical Weather Prediction, Air Quality and Climate Research
23-25 February 2015, WMO Headquarters, Geneva, Switzerland
Registration and abstract submission: http://eumetchem.info/
Call for parallel sessions – deadline 15 Nov 2014
The Organizing Committee is pleased to announce that the Call for Parallel Sessions for the Conference "Our Common Future under Climate Change" to be held in July 2015 at UNESCO, Paris (France) is now open.
The timeline is as follows:
– 6 October 2014: Opening of the Call for Parallel Sessions
– 15 November 2014: Deadline for the Call for Parallel Sessions
– Early/mid-December 2014: Notification to the selected Parallel Sessions Conveners
Proponents are encouraged to submit their proposals as soon as possible via the online submission form.
Find more information is on the conference website