SPARC promotes the YESS (Young – Earth System – Scientists) community as its network for early career researchers. The YESS community provides an international and multi-disciplinary network for early career researchers, providing a collective voice and strengthening collaboration across the globe.
YESS is devoted to:
- Providing a valuable communication platform for early career researchers across all disciplines of Earth System science – from both natural and social sciences – who represent the future of Earth system science.
- Initiating and strengthening collaboration across the globe and disciplines.
- Creating opportunities for establishing direct personal contacts whether it be at large interdisciplinary conferences or regional workshops.
- Serving as a powerful partner with prominent international organisations to give early career researchers a collective voice.
- Setting an example for the scientific community through our online presence, therefore reducing our carbon footprint and enabling interaction across diverse regions and cultures.
Anyone can join the YESS community, although it is aimed mainly at graduate students, post-docs, and those at an early stage in their career. Register to become a member today and don’t forget to become a member of the SPARC group to keep up-to-date on all the latest news from the SPARC project.