Abstract submission deadline: 31 March 2015
The workshop is jointly organized by the WCRP Working Group on Coupled Modelling (WGCM) and the European Commission FP7 project EMBRACE (Earth system Model Bias Reduction and assessing Abrupt Climate).
The workshop has three primary aims; following the format of the WCRP CMIP5 model analysis workshop held in 2012, to present and discuss:
- Multi-model CMIP5 analyses taking advantage of the large suite of CMIP5 experiments
- Earth system model improvements that help reduce systematic biases and/or increase the realism of models in terms of climate change response.
- The main aims of CMIP6, in particular presentations of CMIP6-Endorsed Model Intercomparison Projects (MIPs).
The workshop will be structured around the three scientific questions:
- How does the Earth system respond to forcing?
- What are the origins and consequences of systematic model biases?
- How can we assess future climate change given climate variability, predictability and uncertainty in scenarios.
The workshop will consist of a series of half-day sessions. Each session will begin with presenters in that session given a 3 minute time slot to show no more than one slide summarizing the main conclusions of their poster. The rest of the half-day session will consist of viewing posters of that session.
Participation is limited by the size of the venue (~150 people) and format of the workshop.
Abstract submission opens: 20th Feb 2015
Abstract submission deadline: 31st Mar 2015
Abstract acceptance deadline: 15th Jun 2015
The WGCM will meet in conjunction with this workshop 18th-20th October 2015, also at the Hotel Excelsior.
For further information on the workshop and to submit an abstract please visit the workshop website.