Abstracts and travel requests deadline: 15 July 2015
Registration deadline: 1 Sept 2015
7-9 October 2015
ESRIN & CNR – Tor Vergata, Frascati/Rome, Italy
Process-oriented evaluation and analysis of CCMI-1 simulations
A joint session with the AeroCom community will be held at ESRIN on the first day (7 October) to focus on plans for CMIP6 (AerChemMIP).
The CCMI meeting on the following days (8/9 October) will be held at CNR – Tor Vergata.
Note: Shuttle buses will be arranged for easy access from hotels in Frascati to both meeting locations.
The CCMI 2015 workshop will focus on process-oriented evaluation and analysis of the CCMI Phase-1 (CCMI-1) troposphere-stratosphere resolving chemistry-climate model (CCM) simulations using new observations and diagnostics. It will also provide a platform for discussions on model development and common issues experienced with CCMI-1 simulations. Parts of the workshop will be devoted to discussing plans for CCMI contributions to TOAR (the Tropospheric Ozone Assessment Report, 2016), the next WMO/UNEP ozone (2018) and IPCC climate assessment (2020), and CMIP6 (2015-2020). More information on CCMI can be found at http://www.met.reading.ac.uk/ccmi/.
The goal of the workshop is to bring together modelling groups, experimentalists, and scientists who analyze the data and to provide a platform for discussion of the most recent progress within CCMI.
Topics of the workshop include:
- Model improvement, model development, and common issues with CCMI-1 simulations,
- Process-oriented and observation-based evaluation of the chemistry, dynamics, radiation, and transport in the CCMI-1 simulations,
- Emergent constraints for the evaluation of CCM projections,
- New observations and approaches for improved model evaluation,
- Emission-dependent projections of air quality and impacts on climate/meteorology (and viceversa),
- Emission-dependent projections of the ozone layer and impacts on climate (and vice-versa),
- Effects of stratospheric changes on tropospheric climate and chemistry (and vice-versa),
- Dynamics and chemistry of the Asian monsoon.
The meeting will include invited and contributed oral presentations, poster sessions, and breakout-groups focusing on relevant workshop topics.
Abstracts and travel requests: 15 July 2015
Registration: 1 September 2015
Scientific Organizing Committee:
Michaela Hegglin (U Reading), Jean-François Lamarque (NCAR), Federico Fierli (CNR), Chiara Cagnazzo (CNR), William Collins (U Reading), Michael Schulz (NMI), and the CCMI Scientific Steering Committee.
Local Organizing Committee:
Federico Fierli (CNR), Chiara Cagnazzo (CNR), Francesco Cairo (CNR), Simon Pinnock (ESA), Claus Zehner (ESA)