Manchester, UK, 17-19 October 2016
The 2016 IAGOS Scientific Symposium on Atmospheric Composition will take place from 17-19 October in Manchester, UK. The goal of the symposium is to present and discuss new scientific research in the area of atmospheric composition, processes, and trends based on over 20 years of repetitive commercial aircraft observations by IAGOS-CARIBIC and IAGOS-CORE, with a view to
highlighting new findings and to promote use of this capability across the scientific community. There will be plenary sessions with 15-minute talks and a poster session. Each session will be introduced by an invited speaker highlighting key scientific questions which IAGOS airborne observational databases have or can contribute to.
The scientific symposium will cover the following research areas:
- Aerosols and Climate
- UTLS Dynamics, Chemical Composition & Trends
- Reactive Trace Gases
- Water Vapour Clouds & Radiation
- Evaluation & validation of satellite and surface remote sensing
- Long-range transport of air pollutants
- New technical developments for airborne monitoring
More information can be found on the conference website.