Reunion Island, 28 November – 3 December 2016
The Maïdo Observatory Summer School (MOSS) will focus on troposphere‐stratosphere composition and dynamics. The summer school will take place on Reunion Island, a southern tropical site (21°S, 55°E), where atmospheric observations and research activities have been developing since the early 1990s.
The MOSS is intended to further develop understanding of monitoring techniques, processes and changes in the Earth’s atmosphere (troposphere and stratosphere) with emphasis on dynamics, long‐term evolution of atmospheric composition, and climate change. The academic activities will be based on courses and training in accordance with SPARC (Stratosphere‐ troposphere Processes And their Role in Climate) activities and with its strategy in terms of capacity development. SPARC is a core project of the World Climate Research Programme (WCRP).
The School is scheduled for 6‐days of coursework and is open to PhD students and early career researchers in the field of instrumentation and atmospheric sciences.
Applications will be accepted from:
- students registered in a doctoral programme;
- postdoctoral and young researchers from public or private laboratories;
- any other scientists or engineers from public or private laboratories.
Registration fees for MOSS 2016:
- For PhD students (with official justification): 400 euros
- For researchers or engineers from universities or public research institutes: 700 euros
- For researchers / engineers from private or industrial organizations: please contact the organizers: moss@univ‐reunion.fr
Registration fees are intended to cover: accommodation in the Village Corail centre at Ermitage, Saint‐Gilles, from Sunday 27 November to Sunday 4 December 2016; meals (breakfast, lunch and coffee‐breaks, from Monday 28 Nov. to Saturday 3 Dec. 2016, plus a gala dinner); transportation: special shuttle bus from/to the airport and between the hotel (Village Corail) and the Maïdo Observatory.
A small number of grants to cover travel and registration costs are available.
See the summer school website for further information: http://lacy.univ-reunion.fr/formation/summer-school/