Registration deadline: 25 December 2016
The Global Atmosphere Watch Programme (GAW) of the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) is organizing its next symposium on 10-13 April 2017 at the WMO Office in Geneva.
GAW symposia are organized every 4 years in order to gather the GAW research and observational community and existing/potential partners to reassess the programme and discuss issues of importance for a successful future.
This next symposium will take place in the context of a new GAW Implementation Plan for 2016-2023 (GAW IP), which will be published before the end of 2016.
The objectives of the 2017 GAW Symposium are to:
- Assess the state of the underpinning science;
- Review programme elements in the context of the new GAW IP;
- Develop work plans with clear outcomes and timelines for implementing activities in the new GAW IP;
- Foster further collaborations within and external to GAW;
- Enhance GAW’s capacity to increase its relevance to partners/clients and to strengthen support for its activities;
- Demonstrate success of the GAW programme.
There is no registration fee.
For further details and registration visit the website.