Abstract submission deadline: 15 Mar 2017
Travel grant application deadline: 15 Feb 2017
The fifth Chemistry-Climate Model Initiative (CCMI) Science Workshop will be held in Toulouse at Centre International de Conférences of Météo-France, 13-15 June 2017.
The main focus of the workshop will be on the most recent analyses of CCMI phase-1 simulations, which are centered on understanding trends and interannual variability of tropospheric and stratospheric composition over the past and into the future, and how the composition interacts with changes in the physical climate. Specific topics of the workshop include:
- Identifying natural and anthropogenic drivers of past and future composition changes and their implications for climate, air quality, and the ozone layer;
- Evaluating model ability to simulate past and predict future composition changes;
- Augmenting the use of ground-based, balloon, aircraft and satellite observations for process-oriented model evaluation;
- Investigating novel ways to use observations and models to constrain Earth-system processes;
- Analyzing stratosphere-troposphere coupling, also its impact on the ocean;
- Understanding the causes of inter-model differences;
- Linking model performance to future projections.
Find more information and register at http://www.meteo.fr/cic/meetings/2017/CCMI/index.html.