Abstract (oral and poster presentations) deadline: 12 March 2017
The Middle Atmosphere Symposium (ICMA / IAMAS M12) will take place within the IAPSO-IAMAS-IAGA General Assembly “Good Hope for Earth Sciences”.
27 August – 1 September 2017, Cape Town, South Africa.
We anticipate the MA Symposium to bring together our vibrant community
working on the dynamics, radiation and chemistry of the middle atmosphere.
The M12 Symposium will focus on:
- Gravity waves: their generation, propagation and breaking
- Intraseasonal, interannual and longer timescale dynamical variability
- Middle atmosphere response to anthropogenic and natural forcings
- Stratospheric/mesospheric chemistry and ozone
- Radiation, microphysics, chemistry and dynamics at the tropopause
- Transport and mixing in multiple spatial scales
- Tropical / extratropical dynamical interactions
- Mechanisms of stratosphere-troposphere coupling, at all time scales
Marta Abalos, Joan Alexander, Mark Baldwin, Greg
Bodeker, Andreas Dörnbrack, David Ferreira, Nili Harnik, Peter
Hitchcock, Bodil Karlson, Alexey Karpechko, Katja Matthes, Thando
Ndarana, Kaoru Sato
For further information: