The HEMERA summer school is open to advanced master students, PhD students and young scientists interested/involved in balloon research, technicians and engineers from the participating agencies and industries. The participation of technicians, engineers and scientists from eastern and southern European countries is particularly welcome.
Major themes of the summer school will cover the following:
- The history, early and modern balloon science and industrial opportunities, recent advances and discoveries.
- The atmospheric environment
- The general logistics of balloon types, flight control, limitations of the ballooning environment, launching techniques, regulations.
- Specific scientific and industrial ballooning operations of the agencies (CNES, SSC, ASI/CSA….
- More detail on modern scientific results from ballooning and the instruments involved.
- Future work, opportunities, measurements, ..
Teaching at the HEMERA summer school will be provided via lectures and showing casing balloon equipment. One afternoon and the evening of Sept. 11, 2019 will be dedicated to a social programme (see programme).
Registration will open soon. Please visit the HEMERA summer school webpage for more information.
Participation fee: 100€ (including catering, the summer school diner, and participation in the social program)
Registration deadline: 26 July 2019