SCAR WMO joint fellowship scheme announcement
The Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (www.scar.org) is excited to be collaborating with the World Meteorological Organisation on a new fellowship opportunity for researchers in countries with developing economies.
It will enable researchers to undertake research at major international laboratories, field facilities, and/or institutes in or operated by SCAR’s member countries, with the goal of exposing them to recent advances in research and to develop long-term scientific links and partnerships.
To find out more visit https://www.scar.org/awards/fellowships/overview/. The deadline is 17th July 2019.
To be eligible for this fellowship you need to be:
- enrolled in a PhD or within 5 years of finishing PhD;
- a citizen of a WMO Member Country;
- a citizen of a developing economy;
- Visiting an Antarctic research facility in or run by a SCAR member country, which is different from applicant’s (a) country of origin and (b) current country of residence;
- Proposing a topic in a weather, climate, or operational hydrology related discipline which links to the objectives of one or more of SCAR’s science groups, including the Humanities and Social Sciences group, and/or the Scientific Research Programmes.