The summer school will be held
9-13 September in Beijing, China
Organised by the LASG/IAP, the second GOTHAM Summer School will train young scientists on a unique combination of interdisciplinary scientific topics and tools relevant for understanding teleconnections and their role in causing extreme weather events. The school comprises lectures as well as tutorial sessions by some of the world’s leading experts in this field.
Specific topics include:
- Fundamental dynamics in the teleconnections
- Global consequences of extreme El Niños
- Mid-latitude weather extremes and the role of tropical extratropical and Arctic drivers
- Stratosphere dynamics and stratosphere-troposphere interactions
- Internal variability and external drivers of South and East Asian systems
- Interactions between global teleconnection patterns.
The Summer School is intended to host 30-40 young researchers woeking in relevant topical areas, both frim GOTHAm partners and external institutes. Registration is free-of-charge and accommodation expenses will be covered for all arrendees. Participation is applied through website http://project.lasg.ac.cn/gotham.
Bo Wu (IAP)