Goal: The goal of CliC fellowships and grants is to increase the engagement of Early Career Scientists in CliC activities and to promote participation of scientists from regions currently underrepresented in CliC, i.e., South America, Asia and Africa
Objectives: Applications for CliC fellowships and grants shall address CliC´s new vision and objectives as described in the DRAFT CliC Strategic Plan 2022-2031.
Proposed activities may include:
- Research visits to laboratories, research groups, etc
- Research synthesis, fieldwork or analysis
- Promotion of best practice protocols on research in cryosphere regions attentive to societal and community needs and expectations
- Educational activities/capacity exchange related to cryosphere research
- Activities to promote leadership and project management skills
- Research/activities to support participation in policy decision processes
- Science communication efforts aimed at policy making
- Dissemination and outreach activities, e.g., production of media pieces about CliC activities, research highlights, etc
Proposals that are motivated by clearly articulated COVID-induced delays or thwarted activities will also be considered.
CliC fellowship and grant awards up to a maximum amount of 20 000 Swiss Francs (CHF). If a strong case is made for a larger grant, it should not exceed 30 000 CHF. Co-funding with other sources is encouraged.
Timeline: Activities must be completed in 2022.
- PhD candidates: Applicants should be currently enrolled in a PhD program
- ECR: those who have obtained a PhD within 7 years by the deadline January 21, 2022. The period excludes career breaks due to parental leave, health issues, etc.
- Applicants from underrepresented regions in CliC, e.g. South America, Asia, Africa
- For fellowships: the visiting facility must differ from the applicant’s country of origin and current country of residence
Apply here until 21st of January 2022 at 13:00 (1 pm) UTC.