The 2nd GCOS Climate Observation Conference (17-19 October 2022, Darmstadt Germany) will gather experts of climate science, climate observations, technology innovation, data scientists, climate services, users of data information and funding agencies to discuss and develop pathways towards a fit-for-purpose climate observing system for 2050 and beyond.
The call for abstracts is open until 1 June.
Six themes are proposed for the submissions and are the basis for the Conference sessions:
- Climate Observing Networks
- Climate Extremes and Tipping points
- Climate Observations to support Climate Policies
- Climate Data Records
- Data Processing and Management
- The Global Climate Observing system in the future: GCOS 2050
Travel grants will be available for early career researchers coming from the Global South and presenting abstracts.