The WCRP Explaining and Predicting Earth System Change Lighthouse Activity invites you to join the first webinar of the series that will provide a discussion forum on topics focused on predicting and explaining a range of different climate phenomena and events, while supporting the further development of a scientific agenda.
This first webinar will focus on record breaking extreme events and will provide a view of such events in different regions of the world.
- Erich Fischer (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
- Understanding and quantifying very rare and record-shattering extremes
- Maria Laura Bettolli (University of Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Record extreme precipitation events in Southeastern South America: from observation to modelling
- Tianjun Zhou (Institute of Atmospheric Physics, China)
- Record-breaking extreme events over Asia: Attribution and Projection
The event will take place on 21st September 2022, from 12:00hs to 13:30hs UTC. Speakers will give a 20-minute talk each followed by a round table discussion, with questions from participants.
Registrations are open: https://explaining-and-predicting-extremes.eventbrite.co.uk