Registration and abstract submission for the upcoming QBO workshop are now available here (google doc). The workshop will be held March 27-31, 2023 in Oxford, UK and is organized by the QBOi (Quasi-Biennial Oscillation initiative) SPARC activity in conjunction with CCMI and the GW (Gravity Wave) SPARC activities.
For in-person presenters needing to arrange travel, we will send abstract acceptance notices as soon as possible (beginning in early January).
Workshop scientific program:
- Processes driving the QBO, including its recent disruptions and future projections
- Tropical gravity waves: observations, high resolution models, and parametrizations
- QBO interactions with atmospheric composition, including ozone and stratospheric aerosols from geoengineering and volcanic eruptions
- Wave-mean flow interactions and their role in predictability on seasonal to decadal timescales.
- Atmospheric teleconnections, including the QBO’s links with the MJO and Northern and Southern Annular Modes.
We are pleased to announce the following invited speakers:
Ewa Bednarz, Martina Bramberger, Mohamadou Diallo, Rolando Garcia, Chaim Garfinkel, Marco Giorgetta, Peter Hitchcock, Kaoru Sato, Adam Scaife, and Seok-Woo Son.
Updates and further information will be available on the workshop website. The workshop is organised by QBOi in conjunction with the CCMI and GW activities. Please feel free to forward any colleagues that you think may be interested.
(James, Neal, Yoshio, Scott, Yaga)