IGAC AWG welcomes nominations and self-nominations to its Scientific Steering Committee (SSC) from the international community. This call is open to scientists in all career stages. IGAC AWG is currently accepting nominations to start in mid-2023 from the following regions:
- Andes (Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela)
- Central America
- Southern South America
Nominations will be accepted until 1 March 2023. For information related to the IGAC AWG SSC, please see Fostering a collaborative atmospheric chemistry research community in the Latin America and Caribbean Region.
IGAC AWG accepts both nominations and self-nominations. Please see below the requirements for each type of nomination.
Requirements to nominate someone to the IGAC SSC:
- Fill out the IGAC AWG SC Nomination Form.
- Upload the nominee’s CV and publication list (if not part of the CV).
- Upload a statement from the nominee on “Why do you want to serve on the IGAC AWG SSC and what will you bring to IGAC AWG?” The statement should be ~300 words or less.
- Provide in the form a reason for the nomination.
Requirements for self-nomination to the IGAC AWG SSC:
- Fill out the IGAC AWG SSC Self-Nomination Form.
- Upload your CV and publication list (if not part of the CV).
- Upload a letter of support from someone in the international scientific community.
- Provide a statement on “Why do you want to serve on the IGAC AWG SSC and what will you bring to IGAC AWG?”. The statement should be ~300 words or less.
Please keep in mind that IGAC AWG strives to have an SSC with diversity in geographical representation, gender, and expertise. To view current AWG SSC members, visit https://igacproject.org/working-groups/AmericasWG.
For more information on the role and expectations of IGAC AWG SSC members, please feel free to contact the IGAC AWG Co-chairs Olga Mayol-Bracero (vog.l1708967481nb@ar1708967481bloya1708967481mo1708967481) and Marcos Andrade (ob.ud1708967481e.asm1708967481uif@e1708967481dardn1708967481am1708967481).