Thomas von Clarmann
KIT/IMK, Karlsruhe Germany
Univ. Saskatchewan, Canada
NASA JPL, Pasadena, USA
The goal of TUNER is to provide a complete and consistent data characterization in terms of uncertainty, resolution and content of a priori information, for the largest possible number of space-borne temperature and composition sounders. Specic objectives are:
- An inventory of the error estimation tools used by past and current satellite missions will be made. The same applies to tools for resolution estimates and a priori content.
- The used tools will be assessed for consistency and completeness.
- Strategies will be dened to complete the error estimates and to make them consistent.
- Missing error and resolution estimates will be provided for the most important data.
- Recommendations on the use of the error estimates will be established for each instrument.
A TUNER special issue is open for submissions in Atmospheric Measurement Techniques.
Project Meeting, 15-16 June 2017, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada.