A Joint SPARC DynVar · SNAP Meeting
9-13 October 2023
at the Meteorological Institute at Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, Germany
Download Second Circular
Additional and more up-to-date information can be found at the local organization’s workshop webpage here.
- Links of atmospheric circulation to weather and climate on subseasonal to centennial timescales
- The role of stratosphere-troposphere coupling in predictability of tropospheric climate and surface weather extremes
- The influence of climate model biases on uncertainty in predictions and projections
- Emerging dynamical constraints to understand and reduce projection uncertainties
- Mechanistic understanding of dynamic coupling, teleconnections, and trends
Paul Kushner, University of Toronto, Canada
Christiane Jablonowski (USA),
Marta Abalos (Spain),
Noel Keenlyside (Norway),
Marina Friedel (Switzerland),
Dillon Elsbury (USA),
Tim Woollings (UK),
Peter Hitchcock (USA),
Hera Kim (South Korea),
William Seviour (UK),
Blanca Ayarzagüena (Spain),
Hamid Pahlavan (USA)
Zachary Lawrence (USA)
A tentative program can now be douwnloaded below. All participants should let the organizers know ASAP if you no longer can attend the workshop, or if there is any insurmountable scheduling conflict with your assigned time. This program is not final and may be subject to changes.
Please register via: https://www.wavestoweather.de/meetings/sparc-snap-2023/index.html
Note that all ECS and everyone receiving travel support (s recently announced in a separate email) is eligible for the reduced registration fee of 150 Euros.
Registration Deadline is August 31.
Abstract submission is closed already.
Travel support opportunities
Travel support for early career scientists and attendees from developing nations can be requested. Please indicate whether you require travel support in the Abstract Submission form (see above)
and send an Email to moc.l1695427514iamg@169542751432PAN1695427514SraVn1695427514yd1695427514 with the subject “Travel Support: YOUR NAME” by May 15. This email needs to contain the following information:
– estimate of requested budget details
– for PhD students: name and email of PhD supervisor
– short CV as attachment (up to 2 pages, incl. nationality)
Note: travel support application is closed.
Deadlines will be announced in early 2023.
|Abstract submission deadline:||22 May (closed)|
|Travel support application deadline:||22 May (closed)|
|Registration deadline:||31 August|
Ludwig-Maximilans-University Munich, Oettingenstr. 67
(close to English Garden)
Local Organizing Committee